First of all congrats to you and your wife! Welcome to the craziest most amazing part of your life!
My little dude is only three months old and I’m still don’t know exactly what I’m doing but I wanted to share some advice that I wish people would have told me.
1) Your heart will now be outside of your body. You will feel a deeper love than you’ve ever felt and it may make you feel overwhelmed.
2) Babies often have trouble with gas. You may need to get a product called ‘The Windi’ to help the little dude toot. And when he does you will cheer.
3) Tell your wife she is beautiful often, because she will probably not feel her best in the weeks after giving birth
4) He will be the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen and you’ll want to watch him sleep. But try to get some sleep when he’s sleeping.
5) Get an exercise ball, your arms will get tired of bouncing him
6) You can’t cuddle him too much, get comfy on the couch and let him sleep on you for every nap. He won’t be that little for very long.
7) Babies love when you sing to them. I don’t need to give you any advice on that front…you got this.
8) People will tell you to enjoy every moments but it’s OKAY to not enjoy every moment. It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. At 3am when he’s screaming and you’re exhausted you won’t enjoy that.
9) You WILL get it wrong, don’t stress. He won’t know. Even if you put the diaper on backwards at the pediatrician.
10)You can prepare all you want but this love and adventure will hit you like a hurricane!
Can’t wait to see the little nugget in the spring! Good luck to you and Nicole