1) Avoid anything ending in .99, as these products are listed at full-price.
2) Conversely, anything ending in .97 are DEALS that the store manager has decided on and can yield awesome discounts.
3) Any price ending in .49 or .79 is a special offer by the manufacturer, and typically apply to products on a trial run in the store, usually priced cheaper than at retail stores.
4) Any label with an asterisk means that an item has been discontinued and has generally been priced very cheaply to get them off of the shelves.
5) If you say you're only there to use the snack bar, you may be let in at the discretion of whoever is at the door.
6) Items ending in .00 or .88 are the ones the managers want off the shelves immediately, as they've been priced down and are nearly out of stock.